Convocatoria de presentaciones
Economica features the contributions, experiences, struggles and successes of women worldwide as they participate in the economy. We invite you to share your thoughts and creativity about the issues that most affect women's economic participation. Your work could be viewed and discussed by millions of exhibition visitors from around the world!
- How has the economic downturn affected you?
- In what ways have you succeeded, in what ways have you struggled?
- What barriers do women still face, and whose responsibility is it to break those down?
- What role can women play in redefining our economic priorities - on a local, national, or global level?
Look to the themes in Economica for inspiration, or come up with your own. We encourage you to submit original art, creative writing, personal stories, journalism, music, audio, video, photography, or animation for consideration, and take part in this extraordinary conversation!
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION: • You must be registered with the I.M.O.W. online community to submit work
• Submissions must be your own original work
• All languages are welcome
• Text submissions must be 1,500 words or less
• Visual submissions must be accompanied by a minimum 100-word description
• Images must be submitted as .jpg, .gif, or .bmp files sized at 600 pixels wide with a minimum resolution of 72 dpi (300 dpi preferred); limit 10 images per submission
• Audio or videos must be submitted as .mov, .avi, .mp4, .mp3, .aiff, .aif, or .wav files; maximum size is 40MB each; limit 2 files per submission
WHAT TO SUBMIT:
|Art: Submit images of your paintings, drawings, sculptures, prints, or cartoons. Include a minimum 100-word description. Upload .jpg, .gif, or .bmp files sized 600 pixels wide, minimum 72 dpi (300 dpi preferred). Limit 10 images per submission.
Example: 2009 in the White Spaces
|Personal Stories/Creative Writing: Submit your short stories, poetry or creative essays. Limit: 300 to 1000 words. Please include an image for visual interest and a minimum 100- word description.
Example: Small Commerce
|Journalism/Activism Articles: Submit original articles, essays or non-fiction writing about the issues that matter to you and the work you are doing to change the world. Limit: 300 to 1000 words. Please include an image for visual interest and a 100-word description.
Example: Women Can End the Food Crisis
|Music/Audio: Submit your music videos, songs, spoken word or podcasts. Please include a minimum 100-word description. Upload .avi, .mp3, .aiff .aif or .wav files no more than 40MB each. Limit two videos per submission.
Example: The New Slavery: Domestic Workers in Lebanon
|Photography: Submit your photojournalism and artistic photography. Please include a minimum 100-word description. Upload .jpg, .gif or .bmp files sized at 600 pixels wide and a minimum of 72 dpi (300 dpi preferred). Limit 10 images per submission.
Example: Women of Kenya Are...
|Video/Animation: Submit your video, film, trailers or animation. Please include a minimum 100-word description. Upload .mov, .avi, .mp4, .aiff, .aif or .wav files no more than 40MB each. Limit two videos per submission.
Example: Haitian Women
- To submit work for Economica, you must first register or login to the I.M.O.W. Community.
- Click the + sign next to the SUBMISSIONS section on your profile page and follow the instructions.
- You can also submit work by clicking on the “Submit Your Story” image anywhere within the Economica exhibition.
- If you have questions or trouble submitting, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.