Current Issues: Traveling Postcards call to action!

Add your Comment >

Caroline Lovell
Caroline Lovell
United States

Traveling Postcards call to action!

Traveling Postcards is an art based movement to empower women and girls through creative action and global awareness.
We need your creative hands to help to make 100+ extraordinary postcards to send to the courageous and resilient women in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Your card will help raise awareness of the rape and torture that is being committed with impunity upon women and girls as an act of war. Traveling Postcards has joined Eve Ensler’s V-Day campaign www.vday.org to help stop the violence. All cards will travel to the Congo in May and be given away to 100 women and girls who will be living in the newly constructed “City of Joy”. Sometimes it is hard to imagine what we can do to help, but creative, compassionate action can empower women to take a stand against oppression. Please look to www.travelingpostcards.org for more information and for ways to participate and share your wisdom, your heart and your empathy with a woman you may never meet, but who will know that you care. Your cards will be posted on the Traveling Postcards website, so that all may share in your creative action.

Dani ()
Barsha Hamal
Barsha Hamal
United States

Postcards that travel

Hi Caroline,

I can't wait to contribute some.

I live in the Bay Area, so I hope to see you in Berkeley on April 24.

POWER TO THIS CAUSE!

Caroline Lovell
Caroline Lovell
United States

I am curious... if women were given an opportunity to have an uncensored voice ...to say anything they wanted to say about "what it means to be a woman today", and to say it with both pictures and words...what would you say?
Would it make a difference if you knew your voice would be part of a large collection of women voices gathered from all over the world that would be exhibited and shared globally?

Barsha Hamal ()
Jennifer
Jennifer
United States

Thank you for sharing about this organization, I had not heard of it before. I am sharing this with my friends and family on Facebook to get the word out.

Jennifer
Jennifer
United States

At this current stage in my life a conversation topic between my friends often circles around the concept of finding ourselves redefining our path as we continue to gain more life experience and how it then begins to redefine our priorities when searching for what it means to have it all. One thing I think it means to be a woman today is the constant struggle with balance - the daily struggle between finding time to fulfill our own goals and ideas, education, careers, whether to choose to become a mother, and building a life and community with a partner and our families. I think part of what it means to be a woman today is how often that very question pops up and is reevaluated as we continue to age and grow. There is a lot of empowerment when striving to find an answer and creating that path.

I think the opportunity to share our voices in a large collection as you mention would make a powerful difference as a contributor and audience member to see what comes out from answering this question. I think there would be a lot to learn and share.

Tags: No tags found.