Science and Technology: Women In Technology

Add your Comment >

Elliott
United States

Women In Technology

I wanted to let people know about an organization that I came across called Women In Technology, which I considered (from the information provided on their website) to be a powerful source that may be able to significantly accelerate the advancement of women in the workforce and as authoritative figures, particularly those women who seek positions of higher power, something that our world has been deprived of for too long.

I believe this organization and ones like it allow opportunites for women with significant achievements to be more widely recognized as influential figures able to make lasting positive contributions on a global scale. I would what people think- a means to accelerate globally, only locally, a waste of time?

www.womenintechnology.org

The LAB
The LAB
United States

art.tech festival organized by women

art.tech is a three-day festival that celebrates the cutting-edge of art and technology. Organized by Eilish Cullen and Erica Gangsei, the festival takes place in San Francisco this September and includes artistic experiments such as digital knitting and physical computing. Check out the listing in the community calendar for more information.

The LAB
The LAB
United States

Laetitia Sonami at art.tech!

Laetitia Sonami is a composer, performer and sound installation artist who designs and builds her own instruments. Her lady's glove allows her to control sounds, mechanical devices, and lights in real-time.

Lataeitia Sonami's "Lady's Glove" ()
Michael DeLong
Michael DeLong
United States

Laetitia Sonami is awesome!

I am really looking forward to seeing her perform with her Lady's Glove! I am also looking forward to the interactive iPhone game developed by Rebekah Fugate, another smart and amazing woman presenting at art.tech!

I want to come so I hope I am in the United States

I live in Austria but I might be visiting in September so hopefully I can make it to the festival. It looks very exciting. There are several Austrian and German artists who are women who utilize technology in their artwork that I am a huge fan of, so it would be interesting to compare! Hope to be there!

Tags: No tags found.