It has taken me a long time to write this thread because it is such a sensitive issue.

As a woman, I feel compelled to support the right to choose and yet because I am a woman I also feel compelled to protect the lives of unborn children.

I am finding it harder and harder to sanction something that I know in the end causes the death of the very beings we are supposed to protect. This is an issue that has me deeply torn especially as I delve deeper into my spirituality. How can I claim to be a more conscious being who realizes her interconnectedness with all Life and still say abortion is ok?

I have close friends who have had abortions, some of whom I actually supported through it all. I also have close friends and relatives whose mothers were pressured by family members to terminate their pregnancies. Needless to say they are ever so grateful that their mothers chose not to do so.

I also understand why a woman who was raped, or one whose pregnancy is a danger to her life, would want the pregnancy terminated.

I am not starting this thread to pass judgment, I am simply looking for more clarity.

For those of you who are spiritual and pro-choice, how are you able to reconcile both?