Dear all,

Greetings from Nepal!!

I am a new member and i found this community very active and interesting.This is a great work.

My organization South Asia Partnership-International (www.sapi.org.np) has been working on the issues of violence against women in politics since 2006. In this regard, we had organized a regional event, "Invisible Faces of Violence on Women in Politics: Breaking the Silence", with the active support of UNIFEM, UNFPA, Idea International, Swiss Development Cooperation and involvement of prominent Women Politicians of South Asia in Kathmandu on 18-20 September 2007.

SAP International is going to organize a Regional Conference on "Combating Violence Against Women In Politics: Revisiting policies, politics and participation" in Islamabad,Pakistan from 16-18 November 2008. This conference intends to bring together eminent policy and decision makers, women leaders of South Asia along with UN and international agencies to discuss the existing national laws, policies and provisions for reducing the incidents of violence against women in politics as well as showcase the stories and best practices of women politicians who have successfully overcome the hindrances confronting their careers.

I have attached herewith he concept note for the event and the registration form for participation.

Regards,

Sharmila Gurung
Nepal