Trabajo: How has the economic downturn affected you?

Añada Su Comentario >

Todas las Discusiónes

How has the economic downturn affected you?

Hi, everyone! I've read a lot of news about corporations losing profits and high unemployment rates, but I'm curious as to how the financial crisis has affected people on an individual level.

I'm currently unemployed and looking for work, and the process seems especially bleak and disheartening. I've read stories about 500 people applying to ONE (!) entry-level. I've probably applied to close to 20 jobs, and have yet to hear anything back. I'm looking at work that I've never considered before, such as substitute teaching or catering, as a way to make ends meet. Now, I'm thinking about applying to graduate school for next year, because I don't know what else my options are.

Anyone else? How has the financial crisis changed your life?

Time for Reflection

I recently graduated from college and am now looking for my first "real job." The current economy makes a search that is usually challenging anyway more difficult than ever. I am wondering what my peers (not just recent graduates, but anyone who's graduated in the last few years) will do now that they have so much free time on their hands. Personally, as I job search, I also plan to pursue interests that don't make much money anyway. I have nothing to lose! Mainly, I mean creative and intellectual pursuits. When we are not despairing, this is a good time to think about how our current economy got this way and what needs to change so that things like this don't happen again. We also have to remember that this economic downturn is more of a shock to those who were actually earning a good living before -- but the majority of the world's people were not. For many, the economy has been in "crisis" for decades.

Cynthia Tom
Cynthia Tom
Estados Unidos

Unemployed

I was laid off from a 25 year career in health care sales. I am an artist and I have been able to really start listening to my intuition and I am looking forward to lots of discoveries. The difficulty of being able to make art is lack of income in this economy. I am in San Francisco. I am torn about direction, but feel strongly about giving my body time to recover and to listen to my path.

Profiles of Excellence: Focus on Cynthia Tom and AAWAA, Asian American Women Artists Association (ABC Channel 7 San Francisco) Manicato, my favorite local band in San Francisco. Puerto Rican y San Francisco influences latin reggae, rock, timba, plena, bomba. Check them out on ReverbNation.com (Monk T) Branch Series: Float (Cynthia Tom) Location Location Location -acrylic on canvas (Cynthia Tom)
  • Documentos relacionados
  • CV >
mitesh
mitesh
India

This too will pass!

I know and I believe.

warmly,
mitesh

Etiquetas: No se encontraron etiquetas.

Iniciar sesión

RSS