Spring 2014: Museum Online Exhibitions and Programs Internship
Location: San Francisco, CA
Reports to: Digital Communications & Editorial Manager/Vice President of Exhibitions & Programs
The International Museum of Women is seeking an organized, tech-savvy, and enthusiastic intern to join our Exhibitions & Programs team and contribute to our upcoming online exhibitions, Imagining Equality: Your Voices on Women's Human Rights, and Ignite: Fueling Women in Science and Technology.
IMOW's office is located in downtown San Francisco and we ask interns to commit to at least a three month period. Priority will be given to students participating in university-sponsored internship programs which offer course credit and/or internship stipends. IMOW will work with applicants to ensure that the placement meets internship goals and requirements. This is an unpaid, voluntary position and IMOW cannot directly offer funding.
- Assist with the tracking, documenting, and publication of multimedia content to our upcoming online exhibition, Imagining Equality: Your Voices on Women's Human Rights, using our CMS (Drupal)
- Assist with outreach to artists, arts communities and global partners
- Assist with editing and preparing community submissions for inclusion in the online exhibition
- Contact artists on behalf of the museum to inform them of the status of their submission and overseeing their deadline
- Conduct research and other special projects related to the planning and implementation of our 2014 online exhibition, Ignite: Fueling Women in Science and Technology.
- Participate in planning the museum's local salon speaker series
- Take the lead on special reporting and tracking projects for funders and IMOW's internal use
- Make other site updates and assist with other programs projects as needed
- Tech-savvy and creative
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Extremely organized
- Attentive to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working with Google Docs online document sharing tool
- Experience with a Content Management System preferred though not required
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The International Museum of Women (IMOW) aims to inspire creativity, awareness and action on vital global issues for women. IMOW is an innovative online museum that showcases art, stories and ideas to celebrate, inspire and advance the lives of women around the world. We are a global online community of 700,000 annual unique visitors and a participant base of 10,000 artistic content contributors, 40,000 e-news subscribers, 20,000 Facebook fans and 12,000 Twitter followers from more than 200 countries worldwide. IMOW is governed by a local Board of Directors of business and community leaders and receives strategic guidance from a Global Council that includes Mary Robinson, Zainab Salbi and Eve Ensler.